Design Duos


This month, Sanchez Design Studio, Inc. is celebrating design duos in art, design and pop culture that have inspired me, my aesthetic and design sensibilities. If you are interested to learn more, just hover and click on the bold links below.

Warhol is my all-time favorite 20th century artist, and I consider him a creative genius. Jed Johnson, who was Warhol's partner at some point, was a creative as well, a celebrated interior designer. I could only imagine the combined success they could have had if they lived past the millennium. Today, their legacy and ingenuity still lives on. To know more about Andy Warhol, you can buy a biography.

This was probably the most iconic sitcom of my childhood. I wanted to become an interior designer as a kid in high school because of Debra Messing's character, Grace Adler. Adler's roommate was Will, played by Canadian actor Erick McCormack. This multi-awarded show began in 1998, and ran for 9 seasons until 2006. It came back with a reboot for another 3 seasons from 2017, and took its final bow on 2020. The humor and the script is just spot-on and utterly hilarious. Get the Will & Grace DVD.

Berkus and Brent are both interior designers and quite prominent in the American design scene. I was acquainted with Berkus' work watching the Oprah show. I could not not help but admire his penchant for using salvaged, pre-loved or vintage furniture, mixed with contemporary pieces. What a way to be sustainable. Have you read Nate Berkus' book already?

This uber-talented sibling design duo inspired my aesthetic post-college. A fan fact, I was sworn as a licensed interior designer together with Ivy Almario way back in 2007 (via grandfather's clause by virtue of Republic Act 8534, now updated with R.A. 10350). Also witnessed Cynthia Almario sworn in 2012 when I attended the induction ceremony for newly-licensed interior designers as a design lecturer. 

Who's you favorite design duo? Let me know by leaving a comment below. Also, show some love by subscribing to this Blog above, liking our Facebook Page, our Houzz profile, or following our Instagram. Thank you for your continued support. Much love xoxo